April 16, 2014

tales of a recipe junkie

tales of a recipe junkiej-10
tales of a recipe junkiej
tales of a recipe junkiej-22
tales of a recipe junkiej-40

Well hello there, welcome to ‘tales of a recipe junkie’.  Come in, make yourself at home and allow me to explain a little of what I plan for this here space.
 
Okay, so where do I start?  This little spot has been a long time in the making.  I’ve dreamt of a space where I could share stories and my passion for all things food, and finally, after trying my hand at other things, it’s becoming a reality.  I guess coming from a long line of passionate foodies it was only natural that I would have this desire to share my love of food, it’s in my blood after all, part of my dna.

For as long as I can remember I have collected recipes.  From magazines, newspapers, books, friends and family.  I used to keep my collection in scrapbooks, drawers, boxes and folders and my book shelves used to groan under the weight of the  cookbook addiction I had.  I kid you not!  These days my Pinterest boards are bursting at the seams with inspiration of recipes I want to try and I’m also much more selective of the cookbooks I buy.  The only problem I have is that there are not enough hours in a day.  That said, I do cook every chance I get and thankfully, due to having such a large family, when I do cook up a storm I have no end of willing guinea pigs participants eager to sample my wares.  It’s a win/win all round.

My aim is for ‘tales of a recipe junkie’ to be a platform where I can weave my stories and memories into the food I cook and hopefully inspire you in the way that I have been inspired by foodies and cooks over the years.  Let the magic begin!
 
So tell me, do you enjoy to cook?  What’s your signature dish? I’m curious to know.


Photos courtesy of my friend Em

 



2 comments:

  1. Hurray for beginning this lovely blog!!!! I love these dreamy photos so much -- it seems so peaceful and serene. Can't wait to see this grow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a little star-struck Cynthia! Thanks so much for stopping by and for being such a huge inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting xx